Tristan Meraut & Eudice Chong Win First Pro Singles TitlesWritten by Bobby Knight
Tristan Meraut had never won a pro title of any kind before this week but the Oklahoma State rising senior managed to win eight matches over the last week to win the singles title at the Germany F6 Futures in Saarlouis. Meraut only dropped nine games in his three qualifying matches then during the main draw he won all five matches in straight sets with no opponent winning more than seven games. In Sunday's final, Meraut won 75% of the points on his serve and broke his opponent Alexis Gautier three times in a 6-3, 6-4 win.
Meraut came into the week with only three career main draw wins and he had never advanced past the second round but the draw broke his way and he was able to capitalize. The ranking of his opponents from the first round through the finals was 1678, 901, 1097, 691, and 1509. Meraut split time between No. 5 and No. 6 in the singles lineup last season going 13-3.
Latest from Bobby Knight
- Chris Eubanks Scores a Huge Win in Atlanta, Big Day in Binghamton, Champaign Futures Update
- Benitez Sweeps Morocco, Koepfer Wins in Champaign, Isner Wins Newport Again, Plenty of Doubles Success
- Champaign Futures, Coaching Hires, Transfer Updates, College ATP/WTA Rankings
- Recent Graduates Go Fund Me Pages
- Pro Circuit Recap - Lohan Perfect In Portugal, Dolehide Wins In Winnipeg, Doubles Success
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.