It's late July/early August so that means it's time for the Zoo as the USTA National Championships get started in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Play gets underway Friday morning at 8am at both Kalamazoo College and Western Michigan University.
Here is the Day 1 schedule of play and the tournament's host site which includes all schedules, results, and profiles. If you want to follow the tournament throughout the next week you also need to follow Colette Lewis on Twitter and check out her site, Zoo Tennis.
A few years ago when I was writing for a different site I did a breakdown of the Boys 18 singles draw where I listed each player's hometown, high school graduation class, college commitment/interests, Tennis Recruiting.Net star level, and Universal Tennis Rating. It takes some time but I decided to do it again this year to give everyone, including me, a better understanding of who these guys are and where they are heading.
The google doc lets you scroll with the headers staying in place so it may be easier to view it here instead of the chart below.
TennisRecruiting.Net also has an informative google doc with Power Ratings which compares boys across graduation classes.
All the below info is as of 7/30/15. The seeding info comes from the tournament site, the college info/grad class/TRN stars all come from TennisRecruiting.Net, and the UTRs obviously come from UniversalTennis.com
As the tournament progresses I'll keep tabs on all the guys that are already in college or committed to play at a college starting in the fall.
Friday, 31 July 2015 00:02
Time For The ZooWritten by Bobby Knight
Latest from Bobby Knight
- USC Surges Past North Carolina To Win Men's National Team Indoors
- 2020 Past Live Scoring Links
- Live Scoring for ITA Kickoff Weekend
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Finals Recap: Jubb & Perez-Somarriba Win Singles Titles; UCLA Sweeps Doubles Titles
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Semifinals Recap: Borges and Jubb in Men's Singles Final; Perez-Somarriba and Jokic in Women's Singles Final; UCLA Will Have a Chance to Sweep Doubles
Login to post comments