Live Scoring LinksWritten by Bobby Knight
Latest from Bobby Knight
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Finals Recap: Jubb & Perez-Somarriba Win Singles Titles; UCLA Sweeps Doubles Titles
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Semifinals Recap: Borges and Jubb in Men's Singles Final; Perez-Somarriba and Jokic in Women's Singles Final; UCLA Will Have a Chance to Sweep Doubles
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Quarterfinals Recap: ACC Women Continue Strong Play in Women's Singles; Top Seeds Advance in Men's Singles Draw; SEC Dominated Men's Doubles Draw; Top Seeds Excel in Women's Doubles Draw
- NCAA Singles & Doubles Round of 16 Recap
- NCAA Singles & Doubles R1/R2 Update
Friday, 08 February 2019 09:51
posted by Paul Showers
The ITA rankings for singles and doubles always seem so unusual, or should I say inconsistent. Do you think the NCAA will ever use the UTR system to select players for the NCAA singles and doubles tournaments? It would be great journalism to find an article that describes who on the selection board favors UTR and who is not likely to support UTR as a fair method for selecting players to the main draw. Also does UTR have a number for players for doubles performance?
I would LOVE to see a stat like AVE CHANGE IN UTR of PLAYERS at COLLEGE X. It would be a nice stat to show which programs actually helped players get better and which programs just get the good recruits.
Would LOVE to see you do an article about this.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.